Mardi Gras Review
The biggest bash in this neck of the woods is in February or March, depending on when Lent occurs. Up to a dozen different parades take to the streets over five days, culminating on "Fat Tuesday," and a festival atmosphere fills the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's