Louisiana Arts & Science Museum and Irene W. Pennington Planetarium
Louisiana Arts & Science Museum and Irene W. Pennington Planetarium Review
Housed in a 1925 Illinois Central railroad station near the Old State Capitol, this idiosyncratic but high-quality collection brings together a contemporary-art gallery and an Egyptian tomb exhibit featuring a mummy from 300 BC. Also here are a children's museum and a kid-friendly planetarium. The planetarium presents regular shows, as does the ExxonMobil Space Theater. The museum hosts traveling exhibits, and houses the nation's second-largest collection of sculptures by 20th-century Croatian artist Ivan Mestrovic, many of which adorn the entrance hall.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's