Majestic 200-year-old oaks surround this classic Louisiana plantation house, with grand white pillars and all. It's actually two buildings of quite different styles joined together. In 1770 Alexander Latil built the smaller rear house in the French–Spanish Creole style that was becoming popular in New Orleans. The Greek Revival mansion was added to the grounds in 1828 by Wade Hampton, who eventually connected the two structures with an arched carriageway.
40136 Hwy. 942, ½ mi off Rte. 44, Darrow, Louisiana, 70725, United States