- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Don't try to visit every plantation listed here—your trip will turn into a blur of columns. If you can, spend the night at one of the plantations, such as Oak Alley or Nottoway, and then tour the region. Oak Alley and Laura plantations are just a few miles from each other and provide a nice contrast in architectural styles and approaches. St. Francisville is a weekend trip in its own right. If you're visiting from New Orleans and are strapped for time, Destrehan, one of the state's oldest plantations, might fit the bill; it's 23 miles from the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's