- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Abbeville has a number of historic buildings and two pretty village squares anchoring the center of downtown. It's a good stop for pleasant walks and for oysters on the half shell, a local obsession. The town sponsors the annual Giant Omelet Festival each November, when some 5,000 eggs go into the concoction. It's also the base for Steen's Cane Syrup.
Abbeville at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from New Orleans
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe