- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most of Uptown and the Carrollton-Riverbend are safe to walk around during the day and evening. However, there are certain pockets where travelers should exercise caution. The area between Magazine Street and the river up to Jefferson Avenue can be dangerous to walk around at night. Also avoid the area close to the river west of Audubon Park and dark side streets when out late at night.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 & up -- 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, Save 45% Expedia
- $82 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter Hotwire.com