- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons To Go
Ride the streetcar: Take the scenic and leisurely trolley ride from Canal Street to Audubon Park, ogling the stately mansions that stretch along St. Charles Avenue.
Monkey around in Audubon Park and Zoo: Considered one of the best in the nation, Audubon Zoo offers a wide range of interesting exhibits for visitors of all ages. The adjoining park has beautiful walking trails lined with 100-year-old oaks.
Hang with locals at The Fly.: This quieter stretch of Audubon Park is known locally as "The Fly." The levee, a walkway along the park, provides some spectacular views of the Mississippi.
Explore Carrollton-Riverbend.: This up-and-coming neighborhood has burgeoning business stretches along Oak Street, Maple Street, and South Carrollton Avenue.
Shop 'til you drop.: New Orleans's "Magnificent Mile," Magazine Street is the city's premier shopping destination.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's