- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons To Go
Ride the streetcar. Take the scenic and leisurely trolley ride from Canal Street to Audubon Park, ogling the stately mansions that stretch along St. Charles Avenue.
Monkey around in Audubon Park and Zoo. Considered one of the best in the nation, Audubon Zoo offers a wide range of interesting exhibits for visitors of all ages. The adjoining park has beautiful walking trails lined with 100-year-old oaks.
Hang with locals at The Fly. This quieter stretch of Audubon Park is known locally as "The Fly." The levee, a walkway along the park, provides some spectacular views of the Mississippi.
Explore Carrollton-Riverbend. This up-and-coming neighborhood has burgeoning business stretches along Oak Street, Maple Street, and South Carrollton Avenue.
Shop 'til you drop. New Orleans's "Magnificent Mile," Magazine Street is the city's premier shopping destination.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's