- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Three major Amtrak lines run from New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal. The Crescent makes daily runs from New York to New Orleans by way of Washington, D.C. The City of New Orleans runs daily between New Orleans and Chicago. The Sunset Limited makes the two-day trip from Los Angeles to New Orleans en route to Orlando. It departs from New Orleans traveling westward on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and leaves Los Angeles on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Amtrak (800/872–7245. www.amtrak.com.)
Union Passenger Terminal (1001 Loyola Ave., New Orleans, LA, 70113. 504/299-1880.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's