- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cabs are metered at $3.50 minimum for one passenger, plus $1 for each additional passenger, and $2 per mile. If you're trying to hail a cab in New Orleans, try Decatur Street, Canal Street, or outside major hotels in the Quarter or the CBD. Otherwise, call.
During Mardi Gras, it can be extremely difficult to get a cab; plan an alternate way home (or enjoy the party until public transportation starts up again in the morning).
United Cabs (504/522–9771. www.unitedcabs.com.)
White Fleet-Rollins Cab Co. (504/822–3800.)
Yellow-Checker Cab (504/525–3311.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe