- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cabs are metered at $3.50 minimum for one passenger, plus $1 for each additional passenger, and $2 per mile. If you're trying to hail a cab in New Orleans, try Decatur Street, Canal Street, or outside major hotels in the Quarter or the CBD. Otherwise, call.
During Mardi Gras, it can be extremely difficult to get a cab; plan an alternate way home (or enjoy the party until public transportation starts up again in the morning).
United Cabs (504/522-9771. www.unitedcabs.com.)
White Fleet-Rollins Cab Co. (504/822-3800.)
Yellow-Checker Cab (504/525-3311.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129-$169 -- New Orleans Bourbon Street Hotel w/Drinks Bookit.com
- $169 & up -- 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, Save 45% Expedia
- $78 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $78 Hotwire.com