- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Morning Call Review
Once upon a time there were two famous French Quarter places to get beignets: Café du Monde and Morning Call. Then in 1974, after being open over a century, Morning Call packed up its antique fixtures and relocated to a suburban strip mall. Now this purveyor of fried dough has returned to New Orleans with a location in City Park. The beignets arrive "naked," so you can eat them plain or you can add a dusting of powdered sugar. The dark coffee is laced with chicory (and made using the French drip method). A small menu of savory dishes, like red beans and rice, is offered. It's open 24/7.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Back from our first time to NOLA and despite cold weather, had a great time. Read more
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
I'm driving from Atlanta to Los Angeles in March and hoping to avoid traditional and more costly hotels. Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more