- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Every dish on the short menu here shows an obsessive attention to detail. The starters prominently feature the sausages and other cured meats that hang inside a glass-walled room in the back. The main attraction are the pizzas, which follow Neapolitan pizza rules and use only flour, water, and salt for their dough. They enter an 800°F oven—which was imported from Naples—and emerge a minute later charred and fragrant. Despite the seriousness of the kitchen, the vibe out front is casual and contemporary. This welcoming pizzeria, like many other places on burgeoning Freret Street, suits the needs of neighbors but turns out food worthy of a visitor's attention.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- New Orleans Hotel by French Quarter w/Wi-Fi, 60% Off Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
- $149 & up -- 4-Star Royal Sonesta near French Qtr, 45% Off Expedia
- $78 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $78 Hotwire.com
My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
My husband and I are taking a trip to NO for our 2nd wedding anniversary from August 6-10. Read more
· News & Features
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more