- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Crescent City Farmers Market
Crescent City Farmers Market Review
This year-round market offers an array of locally grown produce, fresh baked goods, cut flowers, wild-caught Louisiana seafood, fresh dairy, farm-raised meat, and handcrafted meals from regional vendors; special events and holidays bring appearances by local musicians and cooking demonstrations. Meet and greet the local farmers, chefs, and fishers who make this city's amazing food culture possible. The first Saturday every month is especially kid-friendly—it's when the Marketeers Club convenes for activities and lessons like healthy pizza cooking and old-fashioned butter churning. The market also makes an appearance Uptown on Tuesday mornings and in Mid-City on Thursday evenings.
- Address: 700 Magazine St., Warehouse District, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Phone: 504/861–4488
- Hours: Sat. 8–noon
- Website: www.crescentcityfarmersmarket.org
- Location: Warehouse District
- 200 Broadway St., Uptown, New Orleans, LA, 70118
- 3700 Orleans Ave., Mid-City, New Orleans, LA
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more