- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Whitney, A Wyndham Historic Hotel
At a Glance
- L'il Dizzy's Café—known for authentic soul food and New Orleans cuisine —is on the lobby level
- free Wi-FI
- near the Convention Center, the French Quarter, and the Superdome
- it's at one of the busiest downtown intersections in the city
- narrow lobby can be difficult to navigate when the hotel is busy
Check Rates from our Partners
The Whitney, A Wyndham Historic Hotel Review
Renovated and expanded, the stylish Whitney is a great choice if you're looking to stay away from the Bourbon Street bustle. This European-style hotel has top-notch service as well as eminently comfortable rooms with comfy pillow-top mattresses, upscale toiletries and amenities, and ergonomic chairs. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Beaux Arts–style Whitney Bank Building was built in 1909 and remains a city landmark.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more