- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
At a Glance
- well-maintained facilities
- hotel runs like a well-oiled machine
- great security
- the city's biggest hotel
- typical chain service and surroundings
- groups can overwhelm lobby
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hilton New Orleans Riverside Review
The superb river views are hard to beat at this sprawling multilevel Hilton complex sitting right on the Mississippi. Guest rooms have French provincial furnishings, but they also have all the modern amenities, including flat-screen TVs. The lavish Sunday brunch is consistently outstanding. Adjacent to Riverwalk Shopping Center, the hotel is directly across the street from Harrah's New Orleans Casino; the Riverfront streetcar stops out front. The health club is among the best in town, and the hotel has a resident golf pro and a four-hole putting green. Designed for large convention groups, this hotel is also accommodating to independent travelers. The good dining options include an on-site branch of Drago's, serving up the best oysters in town.
- Address: 2 Poydras St., CBD, New Orleans, LA, 70140 | Map It
- Phone: 504/561-0500; 800/445-8667
- Website: www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/louisiana/hilton-new-orleans-riverside-MSYNHHH/index.html
- Location: CBD
- 1,600 rooms, 60 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$139 -- NOLA French Quarter Hotel w/Drinks, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- New Orleans French Quarter Hotel w/Breakfast BookIt.com
- $169 & up -- 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, Save 45% — $169 Expedia
- $78 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $78 Hotwire.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
New Orleans, LA – April 20 to 25, 2013
We decided to go back to New Orleans to celebrate my 45th birthday. Read more
I am planning a vacation with my girlfriend. Read more
· News & Features
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
If there's one time you can't know what to expect until you get there, it's when you're asked to ride... Read more