- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
At a Glance
- well-maintained facilities
- hotel runs like a well-oiled machine
- great security
- the city's biggest hotel
- typical chain service and surroundings
- groups can overwhelm lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton New Orleans Riverside Review
The superb river views are hard to beat at this sprawling multilevel Hilton complex sitting right on the Mississippi. Guest rooms have French provincial furnishings, but they also have all the modern amenities, including flat-screen TVs. The lavish Sunday brunch is consistently outstanding. Adjacent to Riverwalk Shopping Center, the hotel is directly across the street from Harrah's New Orleans Casino; the Riverfront streetcar stops out front. The health club is among the best in town, and the hotel has a resident golf pro and a four-hole putting green. Designed for large convention groups, this hotel is also accommodating to independent travelers. The good dining options include an on-site branch of Drago's, serving up the best oysters in town.
- Address: 2 Poydras St., CBD, New Orleans, LA 70140 | Map It
- Phone: 504/561–0500; 800/445–8667
- Website: www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/louisiana/hilton-new-orleans-riverside-MSYNHHH/index.html
- Location: CBD
- 1,600 rooms, 60 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Back from our first time to NOLA and despite cold weather, had a great time. Read more
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
Flying into Savannah for 4 days, staying at the Gastonian BnB, then to Hilton Head for 4 days.... we are renting a car upon arrival at Savannah........ and driving (three nights to get there) to New Orleans Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more