- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Although New Orleans boasts many nationally known restaurants, the locals tend to frequent their neighborhood corner restaurant. Mandina's is such a spot, and has been since 1932. This Canal Street fixture serves just the right combination of expected favorites, including étouffée, po'boys, fried seafood, and pastas. Although the restaurant has expanded over the years, nothing has diminished the full flavors of the shrimp rémoulade, crawfish cakes, turtle soup, or, on Monday, tender red beans with Italian sausage. If you're looking for the ideal bar and restaurant to spend a football Sunday, complete with flat-screen TVs and the iciest beers in town, this is also your place.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more