- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Golden Lantern Review
The Lower Quarter has become a lot more upscale since this neighborhood gay haunt's heyday, but the Lantern soldiers on. The bartender's whims determine the music, the drinks are strong, and happy hour runs noon to 8 pm Mondays and Tuesdays and 8 am to 8 pm every other day. The bar is best known as ground zero for the annual Southern Decadence drag parade, when a throng gathers out front for the kickoff.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Not even sure it is worth marking this as a real trip report, but I will anyway. Read more
A summary for those who don’t like to read long reports: we had a week with Road Scholar (former Elderhostel), saw a lot, ate a lot, learned a lot. Read more
We will be in New Orleans in a couple weeks for a 4 day conference my wife is attending and while we do plan to indulge ourselves with a couple dinners and lunches at some of the traditional places we would Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more