- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Ambassador Hotel
At a Glance
- distinctive decor
- urban-chic atmosphere
- some first-floor rooms let in too much noise from street and lobby area
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Ambassador Hotel Review
A hotel with real character in the otherwise corporate CBD, the Ambassador's guest rooms have hardwood floors, oversize windows, and high ceilings. Four-poster iron beds, armoires, and local jazz prints are among the furnishings. Exposed-brick walls and ceiling fans add to the ambience of the pre–Civil War building. This is a good alternative to the huge convention hotels; you're just steps from the major downtown attractions and the Convention Center, and Harrah's New Orleans Casino is a five-minute walk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more