- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Casamento's has been a haven for Uptown seafood lovers since 1919. Family members still wait tables and staff the immaculate kitchen in back, while a reliable handful of oyster shuckers ensure that plenty of cold ones are available for the standing-room-only oyster bar. Specialties from the diminutive menu include oysters lightly poached in seasoned milk; fried shrimp, trout, and soft-shell-crab platters; and fried oysters, impeccably fresh and greaseless, served between thick slices of white toast. Everything is clean, and nothing is superfluous. Even the house plants have a just-polished look.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- New Orleans Hotel by French Quarter w/Wi-Fi, 60% Off Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
- $149 & up -- 4-Star Royal Sonesta near French Qtr, 45% Off Expedia
- $108 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $108 Hotwire.com
My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
My husband and I are taking a trip to NO for our 2nd wedding anniversary from August 6-10. Read more
· News & Features
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more