- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fans of Emeril Lagasse will want to grab a seat at the food bar overlooking the open kitchen at this French Quarter restaurant. Freewheeling appetizers are among the big attractions, the standout being "Miss Hay's stuffed chicken wings" with hoisin dipping sauce. Entrées, such as the hickory-roasted duck with whiskey-caramel glaze and buttermilk-cornbread pudding, are heavy but delicious. Be warned: after a few bites of the buttermilk fried chicken with bourbon mashed sweet potatoes, you may start looking for property in New Orleans. Leave room in your tummy, and heart, for the banana-pudding layer cake. The space is arty and bright, but it can get pretty noisy.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more