- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Richelieu in the French Quarter
At a Glance
- great value
- some rooms have balconies
- free Wi-Fi
- reasonably priced on-site parking
- café only open for breakfast and lunch
- bathrooms are small
- rooms could use updating
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Richelieu in the French Quarter Review
Close to the Old Ursuline Convent and the French Market, Le Richelieu combines great location, value, and charm. Guests appreciate the personal friendliness of an old-fashioned small hotel as well as luxe touches (upscale toiletries)—all at a moderate rate. Some rooms have mirrored walls and large walk-in closets, and all have brass ceiling fans, irons, and ironing boards. Balcony rooms have the same rates as standard rooms (you can request a balcony when you reserve, but the hotel will not guarantee one). An intimate bar and café is off the courtyard, with tables on the terrace by the saltwater pool. Many regular customers wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more