- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel Villa Convento
At a Glance
- located in the quieter residential section of the French Quarter
- true New Orleans flavor
- personal service
- rooms on the small side
- no children under 10
- Wi-Fi only available in courtyard and lobby area
Hotel Villa Convento Review
This intimate, family-run villa exudes history and local flavor. The Campo family provides around-the-clock service in the four-story 1833 Creole town house on a quaint, quiet street close to the Old Ursuline Convent, but just blocks from the Quarter's tourist attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Each morning you can have fresh-brewed coffee or tea on the lush patio, or just step across the street to the charming Croissant d'Or. Rooms, which are furnished with reproductions of antiques, vary a great deal in price; some have balconies, chandeliers, or ceiling fans.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more