- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Toby-Westfeldt House Review
Dating from the 1830s, this unpretentious Greek Revival raised cottage sits amid a large, plantation-like garden, surrounded by a copy of the original white-picket fence. Thomas Toby, a Philadelphia businessman, moved to New Orleans and had this house built well above the ground to protect it from flooding and promote air circulation. The house is thought to be the oldest in this part of the Garden District.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Back from our first time to NOLA and despite cold weather, had a great time. Read more
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
I'm driving from Atlanta to Los Angeles in March and hoping to avoid traditional and more costly hotels. Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more