- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Louisiana Children's Museum
Louisiana Children's Museum Review
An invaluable resource for anyone traveling with kids, this top-notch museum is 30,000 square feet of hands-on educational fun. Favorites include a mini grocery store (with both carts and registers manned by visitors), a role-play café, a bayou-themed literacy center, an exhibit on New Orleans architecture featuring a miniature French Quarter courtyard, and a giant bubble station. Burn off steam at the mini fitness center with a kid-size stationary bicycle and rock-climbing wall. A welcoming environment is provided for children with disabilities: most exhibits are accessible. Art teachers lead classes daily; there's also daily theatrical storytelling, and weekly special educational programs on topics like dinosaurs, Earth Week, and cultural heritage. An indoor playground is reserved for toddlers ages three and under, and Toddler Time activities are held at 10 am on Tuesday and Thursday.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more