This raised concrete area on the river side of Decatur Street, directly across from Jackson Square, is a great spot to photograph the square and the barges and paddle wheelers on the Mississippi. The cannon mounted in the center and pointing toward the river is a model 1861 Parrot Rifle used in the Civil War. This monument honors the local 141st Field Artillery of the Louisiana National Guard that saw action from the Civil War through World War II. Marble tablets at the
base give the history of the group, represented today by the Washington Artillery Association.
Decatur St., between St. Peter and St. Ann Sts., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States