- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Louisiana Supreme Court Building
Louisiana Supreme Court Building Review
The imposing Victorian building that takes up the whole block of Royal Street between St. Louis and Conti streets is the Old New Orleans Court, erected in 1908. Later it became the office of the Wildlife and Fisheries agency. After years of vacancy and neglect, this magnificent edifice was restored and reopened in 2004 and is now the elegant home of the Louisiana Supreme Court. The public can visit the courthouse but must pass through security and cannot take photos inside.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Back from our first time to NOLA and despite cold weather, had a great time. Read more
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
Flying into Savannah for 4 days, staying at the Gastonian BnB, then to Hilton Head for 4 days.... we are renting a car upon arrival at Savannah........ and driving (three nights to get there) to New Orleans Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more