- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Provence Review
It's almost an hour's drive from New Orleans, but it's worth the trip for the glorious French provincial food and relaxing atmosphere of this exceptional restaurant. Now run by chef John Besh, La Provence has taken on even richer and more creative culinary stylings. Start with roasted pumpkin soup followed by ravioli of rabbit or an herb-roasted pork shoulder. Separating the two dining rooms, which are hung with pleasant Provençal landscapes, is a hearth to welcome you on winter days. In warmer seasons, the tree-shaded deck is congenial. Best of all, many of the vegetables are grown on the property's surrounding mini-farm. They even raise pigs and chickens.
- Address: 25020 Highway 190, 7 miles from the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Lacombe, LA 70045 | Map It
- Phone: 985/626–7662
- Website: www.laprovencerestaurant.com
- Location: Outside City Limits
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and Tues. No lunch Wed.–Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more