- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- sexy setting
- inviting lounge
- top-shelf amenities
- some guests may be put off by the trendiness of it all
- no restaurant
Check Rates from our Partners
Loft 523 Review
One of the few options for chic, loft-style digs in New Orleans—and a great choice at that—this sleek, seductive hotel is so subtle from the outside that you may have trouble finding it among the surrounding buildings. Once inside, the atmosphere is Frank Lloyd Wright mixed with SoHo loft. Cavernous limestone bathrooms with Aveda amenities, stone vanity tables, Frette linens, Fortuny lamps, and DVD surround-sound systems make this an adult playground. A personal assistant is assigned to you at check-in for your entire stay.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more