- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things can change from cute to creepy in the span of a block or so, so exercise good judgment if you go walking off the main thoroughfares. The areas around Bayou St. John and City Park tend to be safe, especially during daylight hours, but areas closer to Broad Street (which runs roughly parallel to the bayou about half a mile south toward the French Quarter) are rougher, and should definitely be avoided on foot at night. Carrollton Avenue is the main thoroughfare through Mid-City (and connects to the Uptown and Carrollton-Riverbend neighborhoods) and is usually well trafficked, but elsewhere in the neighborhood it's advisable to drive at night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's