- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From downtown there are two easy ways to get into Mid-City: Canal Street or Esplanade Avenue, both of which border the French Quarter. There are two streetcar lines that run down Canal Street: one will take you straight down Canal to Metairie Cemetery, and the other will turn down Carrollton Avenue and deposit you in an ideal location right in front of City Park. The No. 91 Jackson-Esplanade bus, which you can catch anywhere along Rampart Street along the French Quarter, turns onto Esplanade Avenue and will take you right in front of City Park. The streetcar ride from downtown takes approximately 30 minutes. Allow about 15 minutes for the bus ride down Esplanade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's