- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Safety isn't a major concern in the Garden District, as the neighborhood hires its own security service in addition to what the New Orleans police offer. At night the neighborhood is quiet and the streets are not well lit, so it's always wise to walk with someone, especially in the Lower Garden District. Visitors should avoid the rougher area bordered by Tchoupitoulas and Magazine streets around Jackson Avenue, near the St. Thomas housing projects, as well as Central City on the opposite side of St. Charles Avenue, particularly at night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's