- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons To Go
Ogle awesome architecture: View antebellum homes built during New Orleans's most prosperous era by renowned architects, including Henry Howard, Lewis E. Reynolds, William Freret, and Samuel Jamison.
Shop locally: Browse through colorful vintage and antiques shops for one-of-a-kind accessories, costumes, and keepsakes.
Feast on Magazine Street: Pick from a variety of restaurants, from French bistros to those offering Japanese and Mediterranean food.
Check out local art: Peruse fine and funky jewelry and design at the galleries on Magazine Street. Or visit Garden District Gallery, a relative newcomer across from Commander's Palace, featuring gorgeous work by local artists.
Take in some history: View the aboveground tombs at Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, in continual use since 1833 and arguably one of the most beautiful in the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's