- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons To Go
Ogle awesome architecture. View antebellum homes built during New Orleans's most prosperous era by renowned architects, including Henry Howard, Lewis E. Reynolds, William Freret, and Samuel Jamison.
Shop locally. Browse through colorful vintage and antiques shops for one-of-a-kind accessories, costumes, and keepsakes.
Feast on Magazine Street. Pick from a variety of restaurants, from French bistros to those offering Japanese and Mediterranean food.
Check out local art. Peruse fine and funky jewelry and design at the galleries on Magazine Street. Or visit Garden District Gallery, a relative newcomer across from Commander's Palace, featuring gorgeous work by local artists.
Take in some history. View the aboveground tombs at Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, in continual use since 1833 and arguably one of the most beautiful in the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's