- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons To Go
Queue up for beignets. Anytime is the right time for sugary beignets and café au lait from Café du Monde, an institution.
Take in Jackson Square. Mule-drawn carriage tours, artists selling their wares, and quirky street performers and musicians converge against the iconic St. Louis Cathedral backdrop.
Go treasure hunting. The French Market and the random stores and warehouses that surround it are great for finding souvenirs and antiquing.
Drink up. From rowdy Bourbon Street to fancy hotel bars, you'll never go thirsty. Savor your cocktail in a beautiful courtyard, or ask for a "go-cup."
Gallery hop on Royal Street. Antiques and art for big-budget shoppers abound on this classy thoroughfare.
Groove to live music. The French Quarter has some of the most famous music venues in the city, including Preservation Hall, the Palm Court Jazz Café, and One-Eyed Jack's.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59-$84 -- New Orleans Historic Mansion near French Quarter BookIt.com
- $89-$112 -- New Orleans French Quarter Hotel w/Drinks BookIt.com
- $169 & up -- 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, Save 45% — $169 Expedia
- $82 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $82 Hotwire.com