- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The CBD and Warehouse District together comprise a fairly small area and can easily be traveled on foot; the close proximity of the Warehouse District's museums and galleries makes for easy walking and gallery hopping. The CBD is adjacent to the French Quarter, just across Canal Street. To travel to or from Uptown or the Garden District, you can take a cab, drive, or take the streetcar —use any stop from Canal Street to Lee Circle. If you have an extra 20 minutes, walking is also feasible.
Parking lots abound, and plenty of street parking is available for reasonable fees, payable by cash or card at the green parking ticket machines stationed on each block on both sides of the street. Pay attention to the end time on your ticket—local police are known for their skill in catching parking violations.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- New Orleans Hotel by French Quarter w/Wi-Fi, 60% Off Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
- $149 & up -- 4-Star Royal Sonesta near French Qtr, 45% Off Expedia
- $108 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $108 Hotwire.com