The bus systems of both Louisville and Lexington are limited, and cabs are usually found only around hotels or airports. Traveling by car is the easiest and best way to get around both cities and the surrounding countryside. Downtown Lexington traffic always seems slow, so allow plenty of time to get to your destinations. Interstate traffic around Louisville gets heavy during the morning and evening commutes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe