L.S. Ayres Tea Room
L.S. Ayres Tea Room Review
The real thing, only better. That's what this full-service restaurant really is, because from 1905 to 1990, the L.S. Ayres Tea Room was a ladies-who-lunch fixture of the L.S. Ayres department store. But when the store closed, the restaurant lost its home. A decade later, it found a new space and new, family-friendly setting in the Indiana State Museum, complete with replicated tables, chairs, carpets and lighting, and a menu featuring some of the old-fashioned favorites like chicken velvet soup and the children's "hobo lunch."
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
We will be visiting Chicago for 4 nights at the end of June/early July. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more