Simple Cafe Review
Apple crumble French toast; roasted butternut squash and tofu hash; grilled Portobello sandwich with overnight-roasted tomato mayo served on ciabatta. Those are some of the favorites at this local gem, whose menu adjusts with the seasons to ensure the freshest ingredients possible, most of them locally sourced. Together with the cheerful repurposing of an auto parts building, shelves fashioned out of reclaimed wood, and a serious recycling effort, you get way more than just a meal here. You get the philosophy of owners Lori and Tom Hartz to live more lightly—and we say tastier too.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more