Belvedere Mansion and Garden Tour
Belvedere Mansion and Garden Tour Review
This 22-room Italianate mansion even merited a write-up in the Galena newspaper when it was built in 1857 for steamboat magnate—later ambassador to Belgium—J. Russell Jones. Although it is still a private residence, the current owners invite visitors for guided tours for half the year. In addition to the ornate woodwork and incredible collection of chandeliers, you'll find a fascinating selection of items picked up by various owners throughout the years, including glittering pieces from Liberace's estate and the famous velvet green drapes from "Gone With the Wind."
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more