Indianapolis Children's Museum
Indianapolis Children's Museum Review
With nearly 473,000 square feet of fun-filled interactive exhibits, there's no doubt this attraction is one of the best children's museums in the country. Adults gawk with wide-eyed wonder at the Dale Chihuly "Fireworks of Glass" sculpture that dangles down through the five-story atrium, while kids go gaga over pretty much everything else. Highlights include "Dinosphere," where visitors get a look at Baby Louie, who gained fame on the cover of National Geographic as the only known articulated dinosaur embryo. "ScienceWorks" gets kids thinking about nature, buildings and the efforts that connect them together; plus, it features a popular climbing wall. The whimsical fifth-level antique carousel runs all day long and rides are only $1 for nonmembers. Museum parking is free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
My wife and I need a relaxing, affordable 40th Anniversary trip. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more