The Abbey Resort
At a Glance
- Indoor pool
- kids programs
- complimentary shuttle service
- full-service spa
- Beds are very high and might be difficult for some to get into
- walls are fairly thin and can carry noise
Check Rates from our Partners
The Abbey Resort Review
Just steps from Geneva Lake, this full-service resort on 90 landscaped acres offers amenities for every type of traveler. Enter through the iconic 80-foot A-frame structure into an airy lobby with several sitting areas and a view into the indoor pool. From there, check into your equally inviting, recently updated rooms. But you won't stay long, because the 35,000-square-foot Avani spa beckons with treatments such as a seaweed bath that's said to boost weight-loss, a reflexology massage or the new Bacial that combines a skin-rejuvenating facial with an exfoliating body scrub. Don't feel like leaving your sunny spot at the outdoor pool? Opt for a poolside massage. Kids are fully entertained by the Abbey's activity staff who provide babysitting and organize everything from lawn games to bonfires to in-pool movies.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more