Indianapolis Museum of Art
Indianapolis Museum of Art Review
More than 125 years ago, this impressive art and cultural institution got its start with an exhibit of 453 works by 137 artists in a downtown Indianapolis hotel. It has since evolved into a collection more than 54,000 works, representing all genres, eras and continents. Known for its outstanding examples of watercolors by J.M.W. Turner, the museum also showcases a broad range of contemporary pieces and a recently reopened African collection of more than 300 objects. Another highlight is the outdoor 100 Acres sculpture park. On the second and fourth Saturday of each month, the museum offers themed tours geared toward younger visitors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more