St. Elmo Steak House
St. Elmo Steak House Review
It says "Famous since 1902," and it truly is. In 2012, this storied steak house was named a James Beard Award-winner in the category of America's Classics. It's clear why: The ornately carved wood trim, tin ceiling, bow-tied servers, and walls covered with photos of famous diners throughout the decades hint at its history. Expertly done filets, prime rib, ribeye and porterhouse confirm its continuing appeal. An impressive 2,000-square-foot wine cellar boasts nearly 12,000 bottles or, for a sip with a kick, order the signature Elmo Cola (Maker's Mark bourbon infused with Luxardo cherries from Italy, served with an ice-cold bottle of cola on the side).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
My wife and I need a relaxing, affordable 40th Anniversary trip. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more