Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried Green Tomatoes Review
Though this downtown Italian spot bears no relation to the 1991 movie, it does offer the chance to try the eponymous appetizer, here done up with a melted cheese topping. It's a fitting way to start your meal here. Follow it up with expertly done espresso-encrusted filet mignon, seared jumbo sea scallops or a duck osso bucco over mashed potatoes. The tin ceiling and exposed-brick walls bump up the charm in the restaurant's setting in the historic 1838 Dowling building.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
We will be visiting Chicago for 4 nights at the end of June/early July. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more