Galena On the Fly
Galena On the Fly Review
There's not much that beats the hushed thrill of a hot air balloon ride. At more than 3,000 feet above it all, you'll feel like you're on top of the world. Though flights are weather-dependant, pilot Andy Williams and his crew typically launch during spring, summer and early fall at sunrise and sunset—when winds are most desirable. Upon landing, a van picks you up for a champagne toast and flying certificate. The bird's-eye views are breathtaking, so don't forget your camera.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 65% Off The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% — $127 The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $199 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Riverfront Hotel, Save 40% — $199 Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
Thanks to all that provided suggestions for our weekend trip to Chicago!
DH and I went to Chicago because DS' high school band was performing at the Windy City Band Festival at Dominican University and Read more
Hi. Read more
After considering various views from Fodorers n elsewhere we decided on a road trip (bit crazy) for the memorial day weekend. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more