Galena On the Fly
Galena On the Fly Review
There's not much that beats the hushed thrill of a hot air balloon ride. At more than 3,000 feet above it all, you'll feel like you're on top of the world. Though flights are weather-dependant, pilot Andy Williams and his crew typically launch during spring, summer and early fall at sunrise and sunset—when winds are most desirable. Upon landing, a van picks you up for a champagne toast and flying certificate. The bird's-eye views are breathtaking, so don't forget your camera.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
My wife and I need a relaxing, affordable 40th Anniversary trip. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more