Galena On the Fly
Galena On the Fly Review
There's not much that beats the hushed thrill of a hot air balloon ride. At more than 3,000 feet above it all, you'll feel like you're on top of the world. Though flights are weather-dependant, pilot Andy Williams and his crew typically launch during spring, summer and early fall at sunrise and sunset—when winds are most desirable. Upon landing, a van picks you up for a champagne toast and flying certificate. The bird's-eye views are breathtaking, so don't forget your camera.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's