Captain Frederick Pabst Mansion
Captain Frederick Pabst Mansion Review
Venture back in time to Milwaukee's mighty brewing days with a tour of this 37-room Flemish Renaissance Revival mansion. Built in 1892 for beer baron Frederick Pabst, its heavily ornamented stone exterior leads to an interior that lives up to its fancy trimmings. Once the center of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee and, in the 1970s, narrowly saved from demolition, it now reveals an extensive art collection, not to mention the magnificence of decorating details including brass doorknobs, cast iron air ducts, mosaic marble floors, and glass rondel windows.
- Address: 2000 W. Wisconsin Ave., Downtown Milwaukee, 53233
- Phone: 414/931-0808
- Cost: $9; seniors and students $8; children 6-17 $5; under 6 free; prices are $1 more during Christmas season
- Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10-4; Sun. 12-4
- Website: www.pabstmansion.com
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more