Oval Beach Review
Remember to pack your sunscreen because this wide shoreline is a pride and joy of Saugatuck. This popular beach, bounded by tall grasses and sand dunes and features "singing sand," described for the squeaky sound it makes when you walk on it. Spike an umbrella, snag a patch of sand and spend the day lounging.Hike up the 282 steps to Mount Baldhead, affectionately known as "Baldy" (benches break up the climb). Swing sets, concessions, restrooms and barbecue grills make it a day; stay to watch the sunset over Lake Michigan.
- Address: 690 Perryman St., Saugatuck, 49453
- Phone: 269/857-2603
- Cost: Parking Memorial Day-Labor Day $6
- Hours: Memorial Day-Labor Day 9-10
- Location: Saugatuck, Michigan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more