Otto's Place Café and Lounge
Otto's Place Café and Lounge Review
Dan Wentz and John Slimp ditched their corporate jobs to open this cheerful, low-key breakfast and lunch spot. They named it for Otto Sallman who built the building in 1899 and had planned for, but could never open, a restaurant of his own. We're pretty sure Otto would be pleased with the changing menu of home-cooked, locally sourced dishes such as whole wheat pancakes, spinach salad, and biscuits and sausage gravy made with Arnold's Farm organic pork sausage. There are gluten-free and vegetarian options, too, plus made-from-scratch desserts (like pineapple upside down cake, made-to-order), and lovingly crafted dinners every Friday and Saturday night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more