Comfortable, but classy; casual, yet high-quality. It may seem a Herculean task to accomplish all that in one restaurant, but this cozy Greek-influenced spot does just that. Owners John Seros and Donald Schipper received an award from the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society for their thoughtful rehab and renovation of their historic downtown building. Romantic couples grab tables by the added fireplace, while families feel at home in the hydrangea-filled garden patio. Popular dishes include a perfectly done potato-encrusted walleye and the juicy chicken Marsala. Top off the evening with flaky baklava a la mode.
- Address: 236 Culver St., Saugatuck, 49453
- Phone: 269/455-5112
- Hours: Closed Mon.
- Location: Saugatuck, Michigan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more