Braise Chef-owner Dave Swanson learned the ropes at acclaimed restaurants including Milwaukee's renowned Sanford. In 2012, he transferred his skills to the burgeoning Walker's Point neighborhood and repurposed a rundown building. He used its old bowling lanes as communal tables, paneled one wall with old barn siding and brought Milwaukee a farm-to-table hit. The menu changes depending on the ingredients he receives from the 400-some Wisconsin farmers he works with. Past favorites have included crispy pork belly served with creamy polenta goat cheese and sorghum syrup. For a special treat, book a spot at the last-Sunday-of-the-month suppers, featuring a local farmer's fare in three courses, served family style.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
We will be visiting Chicago for 4 nights at the end of June/early July. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more