Geneva Lake Shore Path
Geneva Lake Shore Path Review
This 20.6-mile path hugs Geneva Lake, affording lovely vantage points for watching boats cruise the crystal-clear waters of the second deepest lake in Wisconsin. But it's what's on the shore that piques most curiosity: the grandiose mansions built by wealthy business moguls of the late-19th and early 20th century, like an 18,000-square-foot Italianate stone home (converted to six luxury condos) and the 30-room Queen Anne, now the Baker House Inn and restaurant. While the path is open to the public, it varies from paved to gravel to dirt, depending on individual property upkeep. Learn a little more insider info in the "Walk, Talk & Gawk" guide (available at many local shops; $6.95), which divides the path into seven shorter segments.
- Address: Pick up the path at various locations including along Wrigley Drive, from Big Foot Beach State Park and the Abbey Resort, Lake Geneva, 53147
- Phone: 800/345-1020
- Cost: Free
- Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more