On his runs and bike rides along the Monon Trail, Indianapolis native David Vonnegut-Gabovitch used to pass the vacant, dilapidated century-old Broad Ripple railway station. He thought an ice cream shop would fit perfectly there. So in 2010, he and his partners opened the adorable BRICs (Broad Ripple Ice Cream), and they've been scooping up sweet goodness ever since. Go for traditional vanilla, chocolate or strawberry; or go crazy with blends like yellow cake batter, Broad Ripple blackberry, and chocolate malt supreme. Some of the 35-plus flavors are brought in from South Haven, Michigan, favorite, Sherman's. During the winter, get a mug of made-to-order hot cocoa and snuggle by the fireplace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
My wife and I need a relaxing, affordable 40th Anniversary trip. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more